- 1 lemon cake mix ( white cake is fine too)
- 19 oz 540 mL can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup 50 mL Maple Syrup
- Mix these two ingredients together and set aside.
- 8 oz 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups 375 mL milk
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL Maple Syrup
- 1 package lemon or vanilla instant pudding
- Cool Whip
Mix cake mix and bake as directed on box (use an 9 X 13 inch pan or larger). Immediately when the cake is baked and removed from the oven spread the pineapple and 1/4 cup 50 mL of Maple Syrup over the cake. Let cool for at least on hour. Beat Philadelphia cream cheese in medium size bowl and blend in milk, maple syrup, pudding until real smooth. Spread over cake and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with Cool Whip and drizzle Maple Syrup over each serving. This cake can be made the day before.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) shortening
- 1 egg (beaten well)
- 1 tbs (5 ml) soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) flour
Mix ingredients in order as given, beat well, bake in moderate oven. 350°F for 35-40 minutes. This makes a delicious dessert to serve with whipped cream or served with vanilla ice cream with pure maple syrup poured over it as a sauce.