The Ontario Maple Syrup Producers Association is pleased to provide a delicious series of recipes using pure Ontario Maple Syrup.
These are just a sampling of the recipes found in the top selling Simply Maple cookbook available from the OMSPA. Contact us to purchase a copy.
Sauces & Garnishes
- Maple Syrup Barbecue Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lemon rind, optional
- 1 cup (250 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) coriander, optional
Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered. Can keep in refrigerator for up to 1 month. Yield: about 4 cups (1 L). Use on your favourite meat. For oven or barbecue.
- Creamy Maple Syrup Dressing
- 1 cup (250 ml) your favourite mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) apple cider vinegar
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Chill and serve with salad.
- Festive Baked Brie
- 1 round goat brie
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) walnuts, coarsely chopped
Visit our You Tube channel to see the recipe being prepared by Award-winning cookbook author Lynn Ogryzlo.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
2. In a small bowl, mix fruit, syrup and walnuts together and spoon on top of brie
3. Place on a baking sheet or ceramic brie baker and bake for 15-20 minutes, until soft
4. Serve with cracker or thinly sliced baquette bread
Back to Recipes Page