Strength in numbers.
Add your voice to over 400 dedicated Ontario maple syrup producers in lobbying government and agencies on issues that matter to maple syrup producers. Whether you have 10 taps, or 10,000 taps, the Ontario Maple Syrup Producers’ Association is an organization that can help you with your sugarmaking operation.
Our members receive...
• free listing on the OMSPA website
• four issues a year of the Ontario Maple MAINLINE (an informative newsletter that shares technical and maple forest information)
• access to unlimited experience from other maple syrup producers
• invitation to Summer Tour
• admittance to Annual General Meeting (AGM) – Meet dealers, hear guest speakers and experience the OMSPA community!
• a membership certificate for display in your place of business, samples of newly released promotional materials
• an option to subscribe to the Maple Digest, a great maple research information booklet published four times a year by the North American Maple Syrup Council
Best Practices Manual For members only
"Best Practices Manual” documenting the most recent information on every step of the sugar making process. This resource is a first point of reference in answering any question. Includes a self-assessment feature that allows a producer to evaluate their facilities and production practices. This information is updated and revisions provided to members each year as new research is released and new practices recommended by OMSPA are incorporated into the manual. A complete information resource available in print form for maple producers and your membership to OMSPA includes a copy.
Strength in numbers equals a stronger OMSPA
If you have any questions, please call 1-866-566-2753 for more information.
Producer Members shall be those who produce maple syrup. Producer members are entitled to one vote per paid membership.
Affiliate Members are sponsored by a Producer member in good standing of the Association. This member will be a non-producer of maple syrup and related products and will be a non-voting member. The Producer member may sponsor more than one Affiliate member.
Associate Members shall be those who do not produce maple syrup but
have an interest in the industry. Associate members shall not have voting privileges.